Thursday, March 6, 2008

Rexburg Temple


The Rexburg, Idaho Temple. Dedication day found Carlene and I in Rexburg, not for the dedication, to visit Lyle and Nancy. We would like to have attended, circumstances(lack of tickets) made it impossible. I had mentioned to Lyle that I would like to go up the hill and take pictures of the temple just at sundown. Even with an overcast sky, there is a quality to the light that cannot be matched at just before the sun comes up above the horizon and just after it goes down in the evening. So, cameras and tripods in had we set off to see what we could capture. Of course we needed tripods to get good exposures due to the long exposure times and the bone chilling cold. There was no way a camera could be held steady enough to get a clear shot. When we got there we had to park about 2 blocks up the hill from the temple, so we took some pictures of the south side then walked down the hill to get angled shots from the south east. With the throngs of people leaving the temple and temple grounds, it was difficult to get any pictures without lots of both in view. This one was the best.

5 comments:

Fat Man said...

wow, that's flippin sweet

Gordon said...

Dad, I can't wait to see this place for myself.
Katie and I plan on going up this way after Yellowstone in July.
Great Picture! Did you have to use a ladder or climb up on something?

Share :) said...

Beautiful!
Have you thought about seeing in the church would be interested in buying it, or using it in a magazine or large print for something?

angryyoungwoman said...

Hi, Brother Thompson. Remember me? I'm Hilary. I navigated here from Bettie's page and just wanted to drop you a note. I think your photography is beautiful. It's nice how razor-sharp everything looks. I'm totally impressed.

I want to send my best to you and your wife. I hope you're doing well.

Colette said...

Dad, you amaze me!! Good job!!
Hope you and mom had a good Easter!
Love ya!