Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Prize winner.

If you've read my profile, you will note that one of my favorite things to do is photography. So, with this in mind, I will be posting some of my favorite pictures on this blog along with a description of how and when I took the picture. I love the art of photography and the myriad of ways a subject can be photographed and the change in mood that can be created.


This first photograph is a favorite of my sister Iretta.





This was taken in my back yard between midnight and 1:00am. I used a single flash with a diffuser held at 90 degrees and slightly higher than the camera.


My younger brother, Richard, said it reminded him of the old masters style art work.


I entered it in the state fair floral professional category and won a third place ribbon. A first for me.

5 comments:

Bryce Jr said...

I'm the winner. First to comment on Steve's new blog. I've seen that beautiful photo before and am looking forward to seeing more.

Share :) said...

Yay! Dad has a blog!!! Does Mom get to guest write? Make sure you have lots of exclamation points handy. ;)
Love the photo! And I'm with Bryce, can't wait to see more. Love ya pop!

Share :) said...

I just sent this link to Jeff, he likes the photo too. He says "wow, that's cool!"

Gordon said...

Dad, Congrats on the new blog.
I'm also looking forward to seeing more of your pics.
This one is AMAZING!

Colette said...

Dad, you're amazing!!
I'm so glad to hear mom's OK! The world would be a sad place without her in it!
Love you both!!