Thursday, February 7, 2008

Cool Cat

This picture looks like it was taken at night like in my first post. This is one of Pauline's cats, and the picture was taken during a saturday afternoon visit with her in Ammon. All three cats were very curious as to what I was doing and were just hanging around to see what I would do next. Of all the four favorites, this shows the feature of the camera I was using the best.





The picture was taken using the high speed sync feature of the camera and a compatible flash. In this case an SB-800 Nikon flash held off camera using a dedicated cord from camera to flash.




The picture of the iris presented a problem with getting a good sharp focus with no light to light it. In this case I had full daylight, focus was much easier for the camera to perform and the pictures were taken much faster.



This picture was taken with an aperture on f11 at a shutter speed of 1/8000 of a second.



Cool feature. Can't wait to use it some more.

2 comments:

Share :) said...

Ok, so you just used a lot of technical jargon on me...and all i could think of was, so that's what it takes to make the cat look that way! :)

Gordon said...

I think most of us are allergic to this picture,
even if it is a good one.
How Ironic.