Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Montana History










In October 2008, Carlene and I had the opportunity to go to Montana with Pauline, Norms wife. We were taking a U-haul trailer load of stuff to Helena for her son Dan. After meeting Dan and his family and lunch (chinese) in Helena, we started home. The route took us through a little town called Boulder and past a little country church several miles south of town. I have seen that church in my travels from Chinook to destinations in Idaho my entire life. I even took some pictures of it in the early 70's. It was always a landmark for me. This time was different. Never have I seen that church, as near as this old man can remember, under the conditions as that afternoon. I just had to stop and break out the camera.








The church was built in the early 1880's by Irish settlers, and is one of the oldest in Montana that is still in original condition. The only thing different from the last time I saw it is the "In memory of" statue, the historical monument and the fence. Oh, the grave yard has grown some also. It was just a wonderful day to take some marvelous pictures. The overcast as seen in the picture, didn't last that way for much more than 15 minutes. I was lucky to get there and see it as shown.

3 comments:

KAT said...

Wow, that is quite some sky. It's good to see a post from you.

Colette said...

DAD!! You remembered your password!! GOOD JOB!! ;p

Colette said...

That is an amazing view of that church! Could be seen as very symbolic with the light vs. dark!